Monday, June 29, 2009

Thing 2 - Online Generators 2

Wordle - This is a fun easy program. We had an intructor come in and show teachers how to make "word walls" - this is something similar but instead of having pertinent vocabulary on the walls of the classroom, they could be printed out, made into posters, etc. You could use this for vocabulary for all areas.
Or you could have students made their own!
I made a Wordle based on this blog - you can view it at http://www.wordle.net/gallery/wrdl/975863/My_11.5_Things_Blog_Wordle

Voki - I love this site! It is so fun to create a character and add voice. I haven't hooked up a mike yet, but it would be even better to record your own voice rather than using the text feature that I did below. I am not sure what relevance it has in education, but it is fun!



I haven't ever heard of Bookr before. A digital storybook. I can see students using these at the beginning of the new school year to introduce themselves to their teacher or class. They could use their own pics in Flickr! However, I couldn't figure out how to do that. I have pics posted in Flickr, but when I tried to search for images under my name it said they couldn't find any. Do any of you all know the trick? I wish you could import your own pics and not rely on Flickr.
I made this example of how one might look. Since I couldn't access my own pics in Flickr, I just used others.




1 comment:

VWB said...

hummm..you got a little further in the test that I thought about ...using your pics...I thought maybe if you uploaded pics and used a unique tag and then requested it search for that tag, maybe your pictures could be used in bookr...but from what you said , it doesn't sound like it would work. I don't have pictures on fllickr so i have to accomplish that first!