Friday, July 4, 2008

Thing 16

Wikis are not new to me. I took a class last summer and created one. The free wiki site I used wasn't very user friendly, however. I don't even remember its name! So needless to say I didn't continue to use it.
The idea I had was to promote the Lone Star books. I am going to do an reading incentive program with them this upcoming school year. I would like to make a page for each book with the book's jacket picture and review. I would then have the students post their reviews on the books. I think many of the students would like to do this.
This time I will do a little more research and find a site that is easier to use. The PBWiki site looks interesting. I didn't know you could add calendars, etc. so easily to a wiki. I might give them a try!

1 comment:

Terry said...

I've had good luck with wetpaint.