Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Thing 23 - Summarize

Let's see...what were my favorites? I think Google documents is a winner. It will be great for sharing and editing documents online. I also think for keeping track of bookmarks, that Del.icio.us will be an asset for students and staff members alike. I also really like the Librarian's Nings that are online. They are super in communicating with librarians around the nation. I joined a couple of the groups and look forward to discussions.
On the fun side, I liked Image Chef and some of the other online generators for making cute odds and ends. The students will have fun with this site! In keeping up with news, the RSS feeds were a good lesson. Now the information will come to me rather than me going to it. I absolutely fell in love with the virtual bookshelf from Shelfari. I ran across this in another of the Library2Play's blog and of course had to have my own. (See it at the bottom of my blog!)
My main problem with all of this is in me being able to remember it all. I may need a refresher course at some time!

As far as how this exercise has helped my lifelong learning skills... I think I would have to say it has given me a little electrical stimulus to get me excited about all the cool 2.0 tools available to everyone. I was amazed and certainly got quite excited about some of them.

I cannot say that there was anything too surprising in this mission. I guess my biggest surprise is in how many people blog. That is something that doesn't interest me much, but obviously it does to many people around the world. I enjoy a limited time on a computer and would have to prioritize the blogs and alerts I subscribe to or feel way overwhelmed.

I think this would be a difficult endeavor during the school year. I am glad I was able to do it during the summer. It is quite time consuming. Maybe make the "class" shorter...

I would definitely like to participate in another online class such as this. I hope the district will offer more online classes.

A word or sentence to describe this activity? Hummmm. An eye-opening experience into cool and useful Web 2.0 tools. Something like that...

That's all folks! Guess I need to go comment on your sites. Good luck and have fun.

3 comments:

juls said...

Wow!1 Congrats on finishing and I can't wait to get there and see all the other new things that are out there. I am only half way there!!
juls

VWB said...

Congratulations on achieving your summer technology adventure...and you can count on more online learning opps!

not in sync said...

I finally feel validated, remembering everything is a big worry. And who knew that blogging was so "in" much less that I would be participating in such an endeavor.