Thursday, July 10, 2008

Thing 22

Ning's are way too cool! I didn't know these exist. I really liked the two that are related to libraries - especially Texas School Librarian Ning! It is nice to have a site that is particular to your interests. I joined one of the groups and look forward to participating in future discussions. It does look like it is rather new - there aren't very many members. If you are a Texas School Librarian, then I encourage you to join so we can have a better communication base.

I think this Ning will be better than the ListServe I currently subscribe to. I haven't even been checking it lately because it seems that most of the e-mail generated is not of any use or interest to me. I just seem to check all and delete all the time! In the Nings you can select groups that have common interests.

I took a look at Ning for Teachers, but not for very long. The whole page was too cluttered and confusing to even draw me in to look for a group that might be interesting. They need to change its appearance.

I like the fact these teacher/librarian nings are separate from Facebook and MySpace which our students are using. I don't want to run into any of them while socially interacting on the web!
Thank you for showing us Nings!

No comments: