Monday, July 7, 2008

Thing 19

Gosh, I am still amazed at what all we are finding on the web in this journey! Some of these award winners we have already discovered in our lessons! Some I was already familiar with, such as Geni and Craigslist. Our family has quite a geneology outlined in Geni. It is a fun site if you haven't already discovered it. Of course many people use Craigslist to look for items locally to buy or sell.

I first went to some of the book sites other than Library Thing. One of them that deals in used books, Biblio got my attention right away. I was trying to find an old, out of print geneology book of my family. I was not able to find it, but it did look like a promising site if you are looking for rare or out of print books.

I then went to a music site, Last. I have been using an I pod when I go to the gym, so I thought I would check it out to see if they had audio downloads. What I found was quite interesting and I think will be beneficial to the Theatre Arts teacher at my school. She always assigns a Performing Artist project and the students have a hard time finding appropriate information and videos of their chosen artist. Here you can search for an artist and find out all sorts of interesting information about them - including all albums they have made, listen to their songs, biographical information with pictures and what I liked best YouTube videos of them performing their songs. It will link you to sites (of course) where you can buy their music if that suits your fancy.

No comments: