Monday, July 13, 2009

Thing #5 - Microblogging

Boy you sure can spend a lot of time setting these profiles up. I created both a Facebook and Tweeter account. Found some friends on both. Asked them to join and one of my nieces wrote on my wall in Facebook. Still need to investigate further.
I had a nephew and niece on Twitter, so I am following them. I posted a tweet. Mine sure will be boring!

My Twitter site if you want to follow or my Facebook if you are interested in being my friend.

As far as how these could be used in an educational setting...
Well for one thing, I can hardly keep the high school students off the My Space site. They love this social networking. This is where they "play" and hang out, so why not have a presence where they are? With Tweeter, I don't know. I guess if they were following you, you could send out reminders about things.

No comments: