Monday, July 20, 2009

Thing # 8 Screencast

I chose to do my screen cast on Screencast-o-Matic. I wanted to use a program that didn't require downloading onto my computer. I was able to create a screencast pretty easily, however I had a few errors and confusion on my part in downloading it to my computer. I also would go back to preview it and sometimes it wasn't there! I was scared I had lost the whole thing, but in the end it is downloaded to my computer and also on the Screencast-o-Matic site for sharing. (I doubt anyone would be interested though because it is very specific to SBISD libraries!

I think that the one I just created will be great to use with my new 6th grade students. It is a lesson that I would normally have to do four times in real-life and now I can just bring up the screencast and push play. How easy! This is great for those lessons that you find yourself doing over and over again during various times of the day. I definitely will be using this tool in the future!

1 comment:

VWB said...

we were having issues with many things being blocked due to the new firewall, but am pretty sure things are now open again. You might want to get on SBVPN and click to see if what you want to use is available. If it is is not, let me know immediately and I will do my best to get them open asap!