Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Thing 12

I think most of the sites about commenting are common sense. We need to make sure that we don't do commenting in a hurry. Take time to reflect on your comment and be sure to re-read it several times before posting. Also, I think it important to be kind in your comment, especially if you are disagreeing or criticizing. This may be the hardest of all!
I found several blogs worthly of commenting on. When I got out of the "23 Things" community, it was rather hard to choose a blog to read. I tend to look at those with blog names that are intriguing. One with the title, Gargoyles in the Library, got my attention. I am not sure if I commented on that one, but it made me look. Marketing is an integral part of blogging - the catchier the title, the more likely someone will take a look.

2 comments:

Liberry Lady said...

Marketing is important. I really was attracted to your blog because of its title. Then because of what you had to say. I suppose it's that way in the classroom, too. It might be better if we think of our jobs not so much as teaching kids, but selling to them.

Grendel said...

I have been intrigued by the blog titles of our players. Many are so catchy that I just HAVE to read them! Reflecting on liberry lady's comment, I am reminded about how teachers have to market their elective courses in high school, some even appearing on our campus broadcast!