Monday, June 23, 2008

Thing 9

From a practical standpoint, I cannot see how anybody would use these searches for blogs and be very successful with the amount of time it takes. You could spend hours and hours looking for blogs on various subjects. But then the blog needs to have certain criteria for it to be useful as noted in the Cool aCat Teacher video. There is definitely an overabundance of blogs on the internet and most of them are not high quality.

Of those blog search engines that I perused, Google Blog Search was my favorite. It seemed the easiest to navigate. My least favorite was Syndic8.com. The site was boring and plain. I was disappointed that the librarian search Suprglu was not working. I will have to investigate it later.

I think the best way to find useful blogs is "word of mouth" or I guess those words don't really apply here. I usually will look at what other bloggers that I think highly of have in their blogroll. I have found almost all of the blogs I subscribe to from others.