Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Thing 6

The whole mashup things is confusing. Too many fancy words explaining it all that I don't understand.. Thank goodness there are actual examples. That helped in the understanding - somehwhat! I visited one site that compared items on four different online shopping sites. That looked useful in a personal way.

The Flickr mashups were interesting. I didn't create a Librarian Trading Card because I really didn't see how I would use it. However, I did created a Lone Star Award Book Trading Card. I used the book Wednesday Wars by Gary Schmidt. Included the photo, along with the summary at the bottom. I don't really like the way the photo uploaded into the card. I'll have to work on that.

I am going to be doing a Lone Star reading incentive program this upcoming year and maybe I could make them into trading cards. The kids after they read the book, could get a trading card. They would trade them in for prizes and rewards. Just a thought!

Another feature I liked was Captioner. I used a photo of some of the students at my school browsing books at the SBISD annual book exhibit. I don't know how I could use this, but it was fun!



1 comment:

Grendel said...

Have you read some of the other blogs on Thing 6? People have some really creative ideas that you might enjoy knowing about. Maybe they would stimulate you to come up with something fun and motivational for your students, too! :)