Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Thing 7

Wow! What fun tools Google has! I was familiar with a few already, but found some I had not ever taken the time to explore. Some of the tools I see as useful, and some not so.

Let's take Google Alerts. It is a feature of Google that I am currently using. I am a HUGE Longhorn fan and I have the Google Alerts set up to alert me on news of the Longhorn sports and also of Vince Young. Obviously, these are just personal alerts, but I could see these as being useful as a librarian or teacher. You could certainly keep your eye on current events, politics, etc.
The other feature I chose to blog about was iGoogle. I would compare it to my Yahoo homepage, only more powerful. A great way - here again- to keep tabs on current events, policitics, etc. Sort of like having your own personalized newspaper. I may end up changing my computer homepage to iGoogle. I need to tweak it a bit. Right now it has too much information.

I am not sure this link will work since it is customized for me, but we can try. I moved some of the articles around and created some new pages.

1 comment:

Grendel said...

Yes, the link works. I tried it. Thanks!