Friday, June 27, 2008

Thing 14

Wow! I cannot believe how large the blogosphere is! I still am in awe of how much time people spend on the web. It actually is a little scary. The internet can be viewed as a blessing or a curse. There is so much information out there at your fingertips - that is the plus side. The negative side - I believe it is replacing face-to-face interactions. Something to ponder, anyway.

Technorati is a great site for searching for blogs or posts. It is easy to use. I did join, but my e-mail server is down, so I could not retrieve the confirmation e-mail required to finalize the membership. When I can, I plan to add my blog and see what happens. In my searching, I did come across another SBISD blog. What a coincidence!

3 comments:

A Special Kind Of Teacher..... said...

I agree that the internet can be a bit discouraging, but it is the wave of the future. I think sharing your viewpoints on a blog, can actually help strengthen a student's writing skills snd self-confidence much more than a normal pen and paper journal.
Which SBISD blog did you find on Technorati?

Grendel said...

I have noticed that the more bloggers blog, the better their blogging gets! :) Say that 5 times quickly!

Jane said...

I agree with everything you said, L'l Bit. Makes me want to pull the quilt back up some days and wish for a Little House on the Prairie rerun. We know that change is good, but so is tradition. I just have to keep reminding myself that I think it will take time to readjust my mindset that the two can work together. Use the new ideas to foster old traditions. We are lifelong learners after all.