Thursday, June 19, 2008

Thing 8

I created a Google Reader page with about 7 feeds. I then linked Google Reader with my iGoogle page so I don't have to go to two places to view all my up to the minute news. This is too cool!
Yahoo pretty much has this same feature that I have been using for a couple of years. I created a My Yahoo page that has RSS feeds to blogs and news of interest. This seems more comprehensive than Yahoo, however. I will use both for a while and see which I prefer.

As far as RSS feeds go in general, they are great. The information comes to you rather than vice versa saving you valuable time. It keeps you current on most any topic. As a librarian, I believe we need to know a little bit about everything. This will help us in that endeavor. I am also going to keep my eye out for the RSS symbol when I visit new web sites.

I also want to comment on the videos from CommonCraft. They are precise and to the point, but most importantly they are fun to watch. They make me laugh! The hand signals and tossing the cards out of the way are stupidly entertaining. Such low technology to advertise high technology...

1 comment:

LKP said...

I agree, the "tossing of the cards" is stupidly entertaining for me also! Glad you are having fun!!!